Now let us consider some very special delights [of the Christ-centered Life].
Quietly confess your confidence in the power of the cross. Quote the apostle Paul’s superlative statement of faith, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me” (Gal 2:20). Then simply expect your old self [patterns] to die, and your new self to emerge!
Faith will make [experientially] real the fact that you died with Christ (Rom. 6:6). Your false ego will disappear and the real you will come forth (Gal. 2:20).
That you died in Christ will not only silence all the claims of the law (Rom. 7:4), but will render sin so powerless you will be able to enjoy the luxury of choosing not to obey it (Rom. 6:12-13). Putting off the [the patterns of] the old man and putting on the new will be so much easier (Eph. 4:20-24).
Not until your Christ-dominated personality is released will your relatives, friends and acquaintances know the real you!…
- A Christ anointed MINISTER never lacks revelation or inspiration to both bless the saints and reach the sinners.
- A Christ filled HUSBAND is quite a delightful surprise to a wife who is struggling to be submissive and supportive (Eph. 5.22).
- A Christ energized WIFE is so breathtakingly beautiful and bright, the husband finds it easy to love her as Christ loves His Church (Eph. 5:25).
- A Christ motivated TEENAGER is so respectful and obedient to parental authority that restraint becomes unnecessary (Eph. 6:1-3).
- A Christ inspired WORKMAN is so diligent and dutiful, the employer no longer needs to resort to pressure and pleading for higher productivity (Eph. 6:5-8).
- A Christ led EMPLOYER will be more caring and less profit motivated, resulting in better working conditions and improved relationships and the lessening of strife.
- A Christ activated CHURCH MEMBER is now so faithful, seeking any and every opportunity to love God’s people, so that the church cannot fail to be edified.
The Christ in them (Col.1:27) is no longer restricted and restrained. The hindering layers of the old self have been removed. Jesus in them is now released through them! The believer has come to a completed relationship with Christ, ready and able to manifest His glory (Col. 1:28).
[In the Christ-centered life] There are starting difficulties, and several dangers to avoid, but the delights are tremendous!
Eric Maddison, You Can Find God’s Best. (from chapter 6)
Read the full book online here: https://www.dci.org.uk/ecmaddison.htm